GREATER MULWOOD HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOVEMBER 3, 2016
PRESENT: Officers – Ed Albrecht, Joy Gelb, Karmen Brower, and Jennifer Bercy – excused.
Directors: Richard Cassel, Rita Gever, Stephen Holzer, Lucy Martin, Aaron Scott, Bert Rosario, Richard Woolard, Keith Zajic, Emma Wilby, and Bret Gever – excused.
Honored Guests: James Bozajian, Mayor, Achsah Forcier, Merideth Hasson, Brian Seery, Barbara Seery, Dennis Washburn, Sheppard Kaufman, and Aaron Williams.
- Call to order at 7:04 PM with self-introductions.
- Approval of minutes with amendments (Steven Holzer should be Stephen, Brett Giver should be Gever.) was moved by Keith Zajic, seconded by Emma Wilby, and passed unanimously. Agenda approval was moved by Lucy Martin, seconded by Joy Gelb, and passed unanimously.
- Officer Reports:
- President – Newsletter is out. We hope it will help build membership.
- Vice President – excused absent
- Treasurer – Reports our balances in checking and saving, including information that newsletter advertisers have paid. Acceptance of the report was moved by Ed Albrecht, seconded by Lucy Martin, and passed unanimously.
- Secretary- No report.
- Council Reports – Mayor James Bozajian reports the Pumpkin Festival was a great success.
10 AM-3 PM on November 5 is the Sheriff’s open house with helicopter, jail, K-9, and facility tours.
November 16 is the State of the City address and reception at 6:30 in the Agoura/Calabasas Community Center. All are invited.
December 3 is Breakfast with Santa at the Tennis and Swim Center.
This is the end of the Mayor’s term, and he was asked what the best things about his tenure are? He replied that building out the infrastructure of the city, building the civic center, and senior center are the most important accomplishments.
Creekside enrollment has increased dramatically.
There is a movement to change the city code to include workshops for large projects to avoid future problems like the ones with the former Canyon Oaks project.
- Presentation of Officer Nominees for 2017 by Lucy Martin. Recommended slate is as follows:
- Ed Albrecht – President
- Lucy Martin – Vice-President
- Richard Cassel – Treasurer
- Karmen Brower – Secretary
- Nominations from the floor: None.
- Close of nominations and call for the vote was made by Joy Gelb, seconded by Richard Woolard, along with a call for vote by acclimation. There was no opposition.
- Realtor Report – Aaron Scott reports that October saw the higher priced properties closed. Those to close in November are lower priced. Money is not as certain for purchases as before.
- Old Business
- Newsletter is out, and the production looks very good. The membership is pleased.
- Speakers for next year as suggested are: LVMWD, C of C, and similar speakers.
- New Business is the meeting of guests Sheppard Kaufman and Aaron Williams who are members of the LA City Neighborhood Council in Woodland Hills. They are very pleased with the improvements to Mulholland Drive as spearheaded by our councilman Fred Gaines, Ed Albrecht, LA Councilmember Brenstein. They had already spoken with the councilman’s office about getting the improvements, so were very pleased with the response to Calabasas adding weight to their requests for improvements. They hope we’ll work together on future projects.
- Public Comment – none
- Adjournment at 8:26 PM.
Karmen Brower, Secretary