GREATER MULWOOD HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION
DIRECTOR MEETING MINUTES
FEBRUARY 4, 2016
PRESENT: Officers: Ed Albrecht, Jennifer Bercy, Karmen Brower. Joy Gelb excused.
Directors: Keith Zajic, Lucy Martin, Aaron Scott, Richard Woolard, Richard Cassel, Rita Gever, Brett Gever
Honored Guests: Mayor James Bozajian, Jim Jorden, City of Calabasas, Debbie Larson, City of Calabasas
- Call to order at 7:03 PM
- Self-introductions done. Approval of minutes of January 7, 2016 moved with corrections by Jennifer Bercy, seconded by Lucy Martin, passed unanimously. Approval of agenda moved by Lucy Martin, seconded by Jennifer Bercy, passed unanimously.
- City Council Report by Mayor Bozajian. He reports that the 35 mph limit through the construction zone on Mulholland Highway will not be lowered. Red curbs have been painted on Freedom Drive.
There was some discussion about how inadequately the red curbs paint job is.
The Savvy Senior Speaker Series will have various speakers with individual attendance encouraged. Earth Day is April 9th, and the Art Festival will be April 30 – May 1 this.
The Rondell property hotel project will be before the Planning Commission, and the Stone Canyon one in March.
- Guest Speakers Jim Jorden and Debbie Larson spoke about emergency preparedness and the current program from Washington state. It’s suggests learning your neighbors, and checking on each other in the event of an emergency. They showed a variety of helpful products available for purchase, such as Walk A Walk power charger, various water and food products with up to a 5 year shelf life, various radio types, etc.
- Officer Reports
- President – Ed Albrecht reported that it had been a good year, and he hoped that GMHA would be able to increase participation.
- Vice President Bercy – no report
- Treasurer Joy Gelb – absent
- Secretary Karmen Brower – no report
- Election of Officers
- Aaron Scott, Nominating Committee, reported the present officers agreed to stay on for another year. No else expressed interest in serving.
- He presented the slate.
- There were no nominations from the floor.
- Nomination by acclimation was moved by Keith Zajic, seconded by Lucy Martin, and passed unanimously.
- Realtor Report – Aaron Scott reported that the end of the year was slow, but there was an uptick in activity with 3 properties closing the end of last month. There are 5 for sale.
- New Business
- The proposition of should GMHA amend by-laws to provide for a Director of Communication, Government Liaison, and designated standing committee(s) with the expansion of elected officers increased to 6 was discussed. The conclusion was that there was no continuing need to the officer positions to be increased, so no vote was taken.
- No report due to absence of committee members
- Keith Zajic moved, and Ed Albrecht seconded a motion that GMHA purchase a cake celebrating Officer DeSantis’ retirement after 30 years, and that we invite him to the next meeting. Cost not to exceed $100, and Lucy Martin will handle the rest of the arrangements.
- Old Business
- Ross Morgan as membership tracking agent was again discussed, but no one was in favor so the matter was allowed to die.
- Ed Albrecht will continue to speak with the ADT person about a group rate for security systems in the neighborhood.
- Advertising policy and pricing for the website, mailers, etc. was put over due to absence of committee members.
- Guest speaker suggestions included Mr. Levitt of the LVMWD.
- Public Comment – Richard Cassel said that he has learned that there is a hot water circulating pump that is about $200, can be cheaply installed. It has a timer function that allows a small amount of hot water to start through the system so that by the time one’s ready for a morning shower, for instance, the water is hot. This means that hot water can be circulated in small amounts until there is maximum demand which saves on the cost of constantly circulating hot water, but eliminates long periods of running water through the faucets until hot water comes through.
- Meeting adjourned at 8:45 PM
Karmen Brower, Secretary