GREATER MULWOOD HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION
DIRECTOR MEETING MINUTES
AUGUST 4, 2016
PRESENT: Officers – Ed Albrecht, Jennifer Bercy, Joy Gelb, Karmen Brower
Directors – Rita Gever, Brett Gever, Steve Holzer, Richard Woolard, Richard Cassel, Aaron Scott, Keith Zajic, Bert Rosario. Excused: Emma Wilby
Honored Guests: Taryn Wayne, Eric Helman, David Tepper
- Call to order at 7:08 PM, with self-introductions
- Agenda approval moved by Joy Gelb, seconded by Bert Rosario, and approved unanimously. Approval of July 7th minutes with the amendment that the Gevers be noted as excused was moved by Jennifer Bercy, seconded by Richard Woolard, and approved unanimously.
- Officer Reports:
- President – Ed Albrecht reported that there are commitments for 2 pages, and perhaps a couple of quarter page ads. We have a number of volunteers for the columns, but if anyone wants to write one and/or sell ads, please speak up.
- Vice President – none
- Treasurer – Joy Gelb reported on our bank balances, and that we have one new member. Approval of her report was moved by Jennifer Bercy, seconded by Rita Gever, and approved unanimously.
- Secretary – None
- City Council Reports – none
- Realtor Report – Aaron Scott reports inventory has increased, and market is more normal. More sellers are realistic in pricing although pricing is nonetheless high.
- New Business – Richard Cassel brought locksmith Eric Helman to speak about locks and safes. It turns out that most standard door locks can easily be compromised. The audience was amazed at how easily Mr. Helman could disable locks. He explained what locks are much better if more expensive. However, the cost of the locks is much less than most people’s insurance deductible.
Mr. Helman’s tutorial explained about safes and how vulnerable some are, as well as which are not. It was a most interesting and educational presentation.
- Old Business
- Newsletter – see president report above.
- Advertising – see president report above.
- New Business – none
- Adjournment at 8:24
Karmen Brower, Secretary