GREATER MULWOOD HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATON
DIRECTOR MEETING MINUTES
AUGUST 6, 2015
PRESENT: Officers – Ed Albrecht, Joy Gelb, Jennifer Bercy, and Karmen Brower.
Directors: Emma Wilby, Rita Gever, Brett Gever, Steve Holzer, Jack Hendershot,
Keith Zajic, Katie Whitman, Richard Woolard
Honored Guests: Mayor Lucy Martin, Councilmember Fred Gaines, Candidate for LVUSD Gary Mittin, Raymond Colline, Marcelle Colline, Bill Waldman
- Call to order at 7:12 PM
- Approval of Minutes moved by Richard Woolard, seconded by Jennifer Bercy, and passed unanimously. The agenda approval was moved by Emma Wilby, seconded by Rita Gever, and passed unanimously.
- City Council Report: Mayor Martin reported on behalf of the city as host for the Special Olympics. The kids were very pleased with their reception, but gave the volunteers much more than we gave them.
Storm drain basins around the city will be re-done as a result of obtaining grants.
The Mulholland Highway project is continuing, and will complete as soon as possible.
Calabasas ranks 9th safest city in the 20,000-50,000 population category the rash of car burglaries notwithstanding.
The election is November 3th, and the open space measure is on the ballot. Sample ballots now can be e-mailed.
Fred Gaines reported that the workshop on the restoration of Malibu Creek, connecting the trail up to Lost Hills will be held August 6th, and before the council in October.
The budget’s 2nd meeting will be August 23rd.
The question was asked, “Why is the city in the child care business at Creekside? The continuation of the program seems to be wanted by the residents.
Feedback on Wild Walnut Park will be presented to the Parks, Recreation, and Education Commission at the September meeting. There is money for improvements to the park.
- Forum Organization presented by Richard Woolard. Questions have been requested from residents for both the LVUSD and council. Richard will moderate and provide the questions including as many as we have time for, and should be as broad as possible. Refreshments will be served.
- Officer Reports:
- President Ed Albrecht
- Golf tournament is on for December 14th.
- Joy Gelb moved, and Keith Zajic seconded the motion to designate the Wounded Warriors project as the charity beneficiary.
- The general meeting is scheduled for December, and election of new officers for 2016 will take place then.
- Vice-President Jennifer Bercy reported there are efforts to learn what sort of play equipment would be appropriate for Wild Walnut Park.
- Treasurer Joy Gelb reported our bank balances. Her report was accepted without objection.
- Secretary Karmen Brower reported the forum notices are being mailed, and flyers with additional reminders will also go out.
- President Ed Albrecht
- Realtor Report from Aaron Scott. He reports that there are 12 active listings, but things are slowing down. Prices have peaked for the moment. Spotlight on member – delayed
- Spotlight on member delayed to another meeting.
- New Business. Steve Holzer wants to how to include memberships in the forum setting, and get members to use PayPal.
- Old Business. Richard Woolard on Public Safety Commission says that young people are Emergency Preparedness Fair on September 12, 10 AM to 2 PM Saturday.
- Public Comment – none
- Sharing Your Mulwood Life – Per Aaron Scott. He never stops telling people how great living in Calabasas, and especially Mulwood, is.
- Adjournment at 9 PM
Karmen Brower, Secretary