GREATER MULWOOD HOMEOWNER ASSOCIATION
DIRECTOR MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 2, 2015
PRESENT: Officers – Edward Albrecht, Joy Gelb
Directors – Aaron Scott, Richard Woolard Steve Holzer
Honored Guests – Lucy Martin, Mayor, Fred Gaines, Councilmember, John Bingham, City of Calabasas, Kirk Bell, Special Olympics Host City Chair, Bert Rosario, Jack Hendershot, Ed Horowitz, Bill Waldman, Michael Souza, Jacqueline Souza, Katie Whitman, Keith Kajic.
- Call to order was at 7:04 PM
- Self-introductions. Minutes were approved unanimously.
- Guest Speakers John Bingham, City of Calabasas and Kirk Bell, Host City Chair were introduced.
The Special Olympics World Games takes place every 2 years. The City of Calabasas will serve as a host city for the British delegation of Special Olympics athletes before the opening of the 2015 World Games in Los Angeles. About 7,000 participants from 170 nations will compete in more than 20 sports between July 25 and Aug. 2 next year at arenas including USC and UCLA. Among the competitions are aquatics, gymnastics, kayaking, basketball and soccer.
Calabasas will be one of 100 Southern California cities participating in a four-day pre-games celebration— hailing athletes from around the globe.
Host towns are responsible for providing accommodations, meals, activities and local transportation for the athletes and their sponsors.
We learned about information for volunteering are available. The City Website provides the necessary info and contact details.
- Officer Reports
- President – Ed Albrecht is working with Jennifer Bercy and Aaron Scott toward improving our Constant Contact communication with members and prospective members.
- Vice President – Due to Jennifer Bercy’s absence, her report was given by Ed Albrecht. He brought attention to the Relay for Life event that Jennifer helps chair and works so hard to raise awareness and donations on its behalf. The event is being held at A.E. Wright Middle School on May 2nd & 3rd. No charge for attendance.
- Treasurer – Joy Gelb reported on the bank account balances and membership.
- Secretary – No report.
- City Council Report – Lucy Martin was sworn in on March 25th. She was sworn in by her son Jake in a beautiful and eloquent announcement and oath. Lucy went on to discuss the many new City undertakings. The Lost Hills interchange improvement, possible sign ordinance changes and an update on the progress of Wild Walnut Park improvements.
Fred Gaines also provided a great deal of insight to our City’s use of potable water, a reminder that Earth Day is on April 11th and discussed the slight increase in crimes from 2014-2015.
- Realtor Report – Aaron Scott review the current listings.
- Spotlight on member featured Jacqueline Souza and her Souza & Associates, Inc. Complete Bookkeeping, Business management, Payroll and Notary Services.
- Commission Reports – Richard Woolard and Bert Rosario reported on efforts to keep people observant of our surroundings and report suspicious activity.
- New Business – Steve Holzer requested an agenda item be added our May meeting for discussion surrounding the inoperative fountain on Mulholland / Mulholland.
- Old Business – none
- Public Comment – none
- Adjournment at 8:47PM