The Mulwood community is located in eastern Calabasas at the entrance to the beautiful and wild Santa Monica Mountains and its hundreds of miles of hiking trails and open space. The area boasts three of the finest schools in the prestigious Las Virgenes Unified School District: Chaparral Elementary School, Alice C. Stelle Middle School, and Calabasas High School. Mulwood is a neighborhood where children still walk to school!
Recreational opportunities abound for children, families, and athletic individuals. Bicyclists, runners and walkers meander along the scenic Mulholland Highway, which begins its picturesque route in Mulwood. Our local schools offer park and recreation services through the City of Calabasas. Chaparral Elementary School is made available as a park during non-school hours until dusk, and Alice C. Stelle Middle School has a variety of after school and weekend recreational programs like youth basketball and soccer. Wild Walnut Park is located at the intersection of Mulholland Highway and Old Topanga Canyon and provides a place for relaxing and enjoying the surrounding Santa Monica Mountains. Across the street from Wild Walnut is the environmental education and land trust organization, the Mountains Restoration Trust (MRT). The MRT provides a wide range of outdoor education programs and camps for students year-round.
A number of convenient businesses are located in the Gelson’s Shopping Center including the fine grocery store, a bank, pharmacy, postal service, veterinarian, karate program, children’s music program, a photo development and frame shop, card store, yoga program, spa, a dry cleaners, and a gas station.
SOME OF OUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
1. Successfully advocated for an agreement between the City of Calabasas and the LVUSD to provide park services at Chaparral Elementary School during non-school hours.
2. Provided input to the LVUSD to ensure design, construction and operation of Alice C. Stelle Middle School became an asset to the Mulwood community; Interface with City staff and elected officials on an ongoing basis to improve traffic problems.
3. Advocated for landscaping improvements on the median along Mulholland Highway near Alice C. Stelle Middle School.
5. Provide a forum for candidates running for office to meet Mulwood residents and respond to their concerns.
6. Provide a graffiti-free neighborhood by providing a hotline (818-222-0441) for immediate removal.
7. Member of the Las Virgenes Federation, a consortium of local homeowner associations that ensures balanced growth in the Santa Monica Mountains.